I’ve been spending so much time consuming national news that I’ve been neglecting informing my self on state and local news–particularly the candidates and important issues. Thanks to Don, I’m going to try and get on the ball. And this thread will be a place where people can post articles and discuss the candidates and major topics.
Civilbeat has been exploring that question.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ki2yWDjiGwM” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>
How would you guys answer this? Here’s my first attempt:
Off the top of my head, here’s my list:
- Derek Tatsuno
- Yuval Katz
- Robyn Ah Mow
- Colt Brennan
- Kolten Wong
- Anthony Carter
- Mario Monico
Others: Michael Carter, Timmy Chang, Mario Monaco, Rocky Ynklan, Ashley Lelie.
Hawai’i Business Magazine has done a report on what I assume are major problems and the changes we need to make to address those problems. I haven’t read the report yet, but I want to. This thread will be a place to take notes and discuss the report.
1. To what degree, do you care about having good leaders in Hawai’i?
2. Do you think there is a high demand for good leaders in Hawai’i?
3. In what ways can citizens express the desire for good leaders?
4. What venues are available to citizens to support good leaders?
5. How would you rate the quality of leadership in Hawai’i (1-10 scale)?